Apple Raisin Cinnamon Gluten Free Breakfast Bites
These chewy, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth bites are one of my favorite ways to get going in the morning! Make them on Sunday, and eat them all week.
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbs packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
Time for Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine apple, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl
- Scoop the delicious mixture evenly into a tray of non-stick muffin cups
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until the apples begin to soften
- Meanwhile whisk eggs, milk, flour blend, butter and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Set this aside to rest until the apple mixture is finished in the oven.
- Remove apple mixture from oven and increase temperature to 450F. Deeply inhale that wonderful smell.
- Pour batter evenly over each mixture, give each muffin cup a stir, and bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
These keep well for about 6 days in the fridge, and taste just as fantastic cold as they do warm!