Gluten Free Mexican Lasagna
I created this recipe based on a favorite dish my mom makes a lot when I visit. It has all the calories you’ll ever need in a week as a gluten free runner, plus the peppers give it a nice kick! It’s cheap, simple, delicious and quick to make. What more could you need?
This recipe makes about 6 servings.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Salt & pepper (if needed)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 anaheim or jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional, removing the seeds is also optional depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 can sliced black olives (optional)
- Sour creme (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, season the shredded chicken with paprika and cumin (also add some salt and pepper if it wasn’t seasoned at all before).
- Mix the salsa, beans, chopped pepper and olives into the chicken and set aside.
- Spread a tablespoon of oil on the bottom of a 9×13 in casserole dish, and line it with one layer of tortillas, breaking them apart as needed so the bottom is generally covered.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture on top of the tortillas
- Cover this layer with half (1 cup) of your cheese
- Add another layer of tortillas
- Spread the rest of the chicken mixture on the tortillas
- Add a final layer of tortillas
- Spread the rest of your cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly
- (optional) Turn on the broiler and bake until the cheese is golden and delicious
- Let cool and serve with a dollop of sour creme =)