Shoe Review – Saucony Kinvara 4
Price at my local running store: $100
- Nice, big, toe-box = SO much room for activities
- Thinner sole bends fairly easily for uphill forefoot running
- Great ventilation
- Minimalist (4mm heel drop) design encourages a forefoot strike
- Materials feel cheap, though after 700 miles they do still work
- After about 650 miles the stiff heel parts wear through the shoe material and begin to start wearing through your ankle
- You’ll notice this weird bulge under the ball of your foot the first few times you run in them. Not sure if this is really a con since it didn’t really hurt, but I noticed it. I guess this is more of a fun fact.
Mileage: First pair retired at ~700 miles after 2 races and marathon training. Second pair still going strong after ~100 miles and a marathon!
Bottom line: When I first saw them, I was slightly turned off by the color. Pink/coral isn’t really my thing, and my local store only carries one color. Then I put them on.
And it felt like this.
Needless to say I’m currently embracing the pink/coral magical footwear, and am currently on my second pair.